Monday, February 17, 2014

Litz Litz Malekula

Surprise!!!
I am so glad that you all got your letters!! I thought that I would be in Vila for awhile, so I thought that sending letters would be a good idea.  This week has brought a whirlwind of changes!  Last week my companion continued to be very sick! Finally we got her into a French doctor and he cut open all of her 4 boils and drained them.  They were really infected so he gave her an antibiotic.  She had never taken medication before so we spent a lot of time teaching her how to take them(she HATES it!).  On Tuesday morning last week I got a call from the AP's telling me that President decided to make a slight change of plans.  They told me that I would be leaving to transfer to Malekula (another island) on Thursday.  I was pretty shocked and it was really unexpected, but I have learned a lot about stress on my mission.  I have learned that when we experience unexpected changes in our lives there is no use in using negative stress.  There is no use in freaking out about things that we cannot prevent.  There is no use in excessively worrying about what future challenges we will have to face.  Needless to say Wednesday and Thursday were pretty busy.  
Thursday morning I left to serve in Litz Litz Malekula.  I got to the airport and met one other new sister that was going there too.  When we were checking in when  I noticed they did something a little different: when they weighed our bags and everything they had us get on the scale too.  I didn't think anything of it, and they called us to board the plane.  When I walked out to the runway I saw a small two propeller plane waiting in the runway...my first thought was "This is not going to be happen. There is no way that I am going to get on that plane."  You all know that that is one of my biggest fears.  I closed my eyes and put one foot in front of the other...talk about faith in every footstep.  I got onto the plane and there were about 8 other people on the plane with us.  It was so small that I could see all the controls that the piolts were using.(Dont worry, I was watching carefully the whole flight).  We took off landed on a grass pit stop and then landed in Malekula. 
After awhile of sisters not serving in Malekula us four sisters are the first sisters being let back to serve on the island.  When I got here I went and stayed with two other sisters that just got here while I waited until Monday for my companion.  We were all new to the area, so the next few days we went and met with members and tried to map out the area.  The church is not as developed on this island, but one of our zone goals is to get this island to have a stake before we leave.  We are aiming to work really hard with all of the members and branch presidents to strengthen the church on this island.  I am really excited to jump into this new challenge!! We haven't had the chance to do a whole lot of teaching during this transfer week, but we have been working hard to map out all the areas and make goals for the work here. The Lord blesses those who he calls and those who put Him first.  I love being here. I love being a missionary. 
I hope that you all had a great Valentines day!!!! I miss you all and love you!!! :) :) Make family prayer and scripture study every day..it will change your day every day!!

P.S.  I have no idea when I will get any packages now that I am out this far! But I will let you know when I get it!! Thank you too much!! :) :) 

1 comment:

  1. Your daughter just moved to the island my son was on. I think she is taking over his area. He said sisters were coming. He just moved out to a small island just off the coast of Malekula. There is a senior couple there that have been great to email me and keep me up to date when my son is not able to email. If you want to email them they are great to answer all my questions. If they have not emailed you first. Send me a note at my email and I will give you their email address. I don't dare post it here. My email: orderville@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete