Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Dream

Hello Family,

Wow! It is awesome to hear all of the mission calls in our ward. They are about to have the absolute time of their lives. I am glad too much for them. I feel so old. I remember all of them when they were little little kids. Man time flies. I bet Amy and Eden had a great experience
in Ghana. That is one experience in my life that has helped me heaps and heaps on my mission. I will never forget the times I had there with World Joy. 


That picture of Mase was so cute. You always are the best at packing snacks. I am sure his mom is so glad that Granny is so nutritious. I am jealousy that you all hiked to Ensign Peak. That is one something I want to do when I get home.

We haven't had the janis to watch Conference yet, but I am hoping the
disc and the portable dvd player come on the next ship!! Keep your fingers crossed.
What a small world.  The couple Brother Anderson talked to in the Conference Center is from my mission. Wow, it shows how the gospel binds everyone together all around the world. Crazy, crazy!

This week was a little slow. I have had a lot of sick sisters to take care of. More playing doctor than being a missionary, but sometimes that happens. We have seen a lot a lot
of blessings this week from the power of the Priesthood. I am happy to say that all the
sisters in Malekula are back on their feet now.  Now we will be able to go back out to work
this week.


This week we had a great experience with one of our investigators Ann Rose.  We had been having a hard time with her.  She told us that she wanted to be baptized, but then the next time we bin come she told us that she did not feel like she was ready yet.  We were a little confused because she knows so much about the gospel.  This week I had been thinking a lot about her and I got the impression that we needed to ask her about her experience with the Book of Mormon.  We went out on Saturday and talked with her about the Book of Mormon again.  She said that she had read, but she had not prayed about it. We explained that she was holding evidence of the truthfulness of everything we have taught her.  The Book of Mormon is the key to developing a strong testimony inside the church.  We committed her to read and pray and came to see her on Sunday. 

 On Sunday we asked her about her experience and she shared one of the sweetest experiences with us. She explained that in a dream that night she was on a railroad track.  She looked ahead and the rail line split.  She had to choose which way to go but she had no idea where to go.  All of the sudden she looked back and a train was coming, she started to cry because she didn't know which way to go.  The train was approaching really fast and then she saw a man run to approach her.  She cried and asked him to help her know where to go.  The man took her by the hand and said, follow me and I will show you the way.  He led her to the right path.  When the train had passed she looked at the man and said, "Who are you and why did you save me?" He smiled and said, "My name is Thomas S. Monson. If
you follow me you will never be lost." She then went on to bear her testimony about how she knew Papa God had answered her prayer and how she knew the church was true.  She will be baptized in two weeks time!


Papa God hears and answers each one of our prayers in His own way and in His own time.  How blessed are we that we have a loving, powerful Father who pleads with us to ask Him for help.  I know that if we will ask Him with faith, believing that He will help us, he will never let us down.  He will always answer.  I love this gospel and I love being a missionary!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment