Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Spirit

This Christmas was my favorite Christmas.  We were able to go up to the hospital to carol from room to room and pass out lollies to the patients and families that stay there for Christmas.  Hospitals are pretty different here, if your baby is sick then you just come and
bring a mat and you sleep on the floor of their room until they get out.  Needless to say they were all in need of a little Christmas cheer.  We started in the Childrens place and sang some carols to some really sick babies,  But there was one room I will never forget.  We walked into a room lined with beds with no sheets.  The room was empty except for be one young mama and her sick baby in the corner.  When we came in her baby was crying.  We began to sing "Silent Night" and he stopped crying and just looked at us.  We finished and started the next carol "Away in a Manger"  we sang and the young mama took her small baby in her arms and began to rock him back and forth to the song.  As we sang the mama closed her eyes and began to cry, holding her baby close up to her chest.  When we finished she opened her eyes still crying and thanked us for coming. I've never quite felt the Christmas spirit as strong as I did in that hot, empty room.  It just reminded me that we can feel that Christmas spirit without the candies, gifts, and parties.  That was my first great gift on Christmas.

That afternoon Sister Tate and I been receive our next big Christmas gift.  Hetley and Mata were finally married!!!! I am glad we glad! This marriage been open fullup door for the two of them.  Now they will be able to be baptized as a family in just a few weeks.  Best
Christmas gift ever! We been wait long time for this to happen..definitely one Christmas miracle! After they married, Mama Mata been look at me, smiled and said, "I've been waiting many many years for this to happen, and now I'm married.  I could not be more happy."
And it was true.  They both looked happy to finally take this step together to be married...after 18 years.  Papa God works in His own time.  He is all knowing, and so as we trust in his timing, every something will work out in its own due time.  Best Christmas ever.

I love you all!! Have a great New Year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment