Sunday, November 23, 2014

Drunk From The Sun

Dear Family,

Congrats to Liz on her driving test! I hope she is a more better driver than I was. I hope you don't have to go to court for her like you did for me!! It sounds like you all are doing great!

These past few weeks have been REALLY hot! Honesti, I have been roasting out here! I will even just been sitting doing my studies and I am soaking wet with sweat.  haha.  Even the people think it is hot! The other day we been go to go teach one older grandpa and his house  is ontop of this little hill.  We waited for him down underneath a tree and he started walking down but he was like staggering. My first thought was..oh great, reschedule he is drunk.  He came and plopped down and I said, "Papa, you alraet?" He replied, "Sista, I am drunk from the sun." hahaha I was laughing of ded...but he was ded serious. haha.  That just gives you a feel for how how it has been!

But the work has been pretty busy! Last week I been got my first baptaes in over a year.  Words cannot even describe the pure joy I felt that day.  I wish I could explain it.  The two mamas that I told you about before that just got married got baptized.  It was an experience I will never forget.  One of them has been waiting 9 years to be bapaes.  When she got up to give her testimony she said, "It has been taken me 9 years to be baptized.  Never think that your work is or nothing. It will happen in God's time."  It just made me think about all my past areas and how hard we worked to help people be baptaes. Maybe the timing was just not right, but that doesn't mean that all that hard work been for nothing.  I know that Papa God has a plan that is better than mine.  Mama Ruth and her husband are already planning their temple trip for next year.  How sweet this gospel really is.

We are teaching one papa Heteley and his famle. We started teaching them a few weeks ago but these past two weeks they have just progressed like crazy.  At first papa asked a lot of questions just to test us and just treated us like a joke.  But as we continued to come
back and teach him we saw something change in him.  After a few times he called his whole family to come and listen.  We taught them about Plan of Salvation.  We testified of how their family could live together forever.  This week we been teach about Word of Wisdom.  We
found out they were all drinking coffee and tea and Papa smoked and drank kava every day.  We committed them to begin living the word of waes and invited them to yusum faith and come to church.  Yesterday we came out of Relief Society class and we were shocked to see Papa Hetley come out of Prishud class.  Him and two of his pikini been come and stay for all 3 hours of church.  After church was finished we went over to their house to teach again and his wife mama mata was waiting for us.  We sat down and she said, "Sisters, I want you to know that I have been with Papa for 18 years.  18 years I have never ever seen him go to any kind of church.  I have begged him, but he never wanted to go.  18 years me and pikinini of me would walk to church by ourselves. But this morning I woke up and he was already changed for church and packing his buk of momon into his bag.  My daughter and I just stood
in the doorway and stared as he walked away to go to church.  I never thought it would happen.  But he's found truth. He's been looking for 18 years, but he has finally been found it." These are the moments you live for, sweat for, and pray for as a missionary.  When people gain a testimony of this gospel, no matter how small, it changes them.  They
will never be the same.  And that is what happens with each of us as well.  As we continually nourish testimony of us that we have, our testiomni will continue to change us. To mold us to become more like the Savior.  When we make the decision to become a disciple of Christ,
we can never be the same.

I know this gospel is true.  I know it is true because every time I been try best of me to live it, I see blessings.  Every time. Sometimes Papa God takes a little time to show us the blessings.  But when he does that he is proving us..Will we give up? Or will we continue?" I am glad too much for the chance I have to be a missionary.  I have full up more stories to share, but I am outta time! I love all of you!! :) Have a good week!

Love, Sista Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment