Friday, July 12, 2013

My Companion Is Hilarious


Hello Family,

So I sent a letter on the 5th, so I hope you get it!  Anyway, I will be able to e-amil you on Thursday, so hang int here!  But I have tons to say in my e-mail, so I wanted to write to answer your questions.  I have seen so many people!  I saw Mikey Jacobsen, and Jayne Edwards.  Sister Edwards still has 4 weeks in here!  Bless her heart!  It has been so amazing to see so many familiar faces.  P.S.  These letters rock!  It is so hard here at the MTC!  My companion and I have not stopped running to and from places since we have been here!  I am having such an amazing experience!  My companion is hilarious!  We have seriously done everything embarassing there is to do!  Sister Jex dipped the whole back of her skirt in the toilet yesterday and we laughed for a good five mintues!  We get lost all the time!  And this morning we locked our swipe cards (how you get into the building) and our keys to our room in our room!  We had to be at service at 6:00 this morning, we we just rolled out of bed and forgot.  We cleaned bathrooms (even boys) for an hour and a half and realized we were locked out.  We wanted to cry because we were so tired, but we laughed so hard.

I have had the most amazing experiences!  First, there are four other Elders going to Vanatu, and we found out we didn’t get our visas.  We were told we would be reassigned, and we were so bummed!  I mean, I would love to serve whereever the Lord needs me, but he knows it takes me awhile to get comforable!  So this past fast Sunday we fasted for our visas.  By the way, fast Sundays are not pretty here! haha.  So we get fed 3 times a day, so that means after dinner we don’t eat at all.  So we were fasting for about 24 hours.  While we were studying outside that fast Sunday I saw an Elder be rolled out of a building passed out in a wheelchair, and another puke up pink gatorade looking stuff with yellow chunks!  Needless to say, there is never a dull moment here!  But the gospel is still true:).  Anway, we were fasting and praying all that day, and then today we found out that even though we do not have our visas we can still go there for four months.  the Lord just wanted to humble us before we went out to serve him.

I leave Monday at 4:50 and fly into LAX at 5:48 and leave at 9:45 for New Zealand.  I fly from New Zealand toVanuatu.  I will give you more info on when I will call when I e-mail on Thursday, but it should be sometimes Monday night.

Another amazing experience I have had s teaching our investigator Josh.  We get to teach him every day and it is incredible.  We have developed so much love for him, and through sincere study and prayer we have been able to feel Heavenly Father’s love for him.  I will tell you more on Thursday!  Stay tuned!:)

To answer your questions:  Our schedule is nuts,  We are constantly in class!  Literally from 7-9:15 we are eating or in class.  Zero spare time.  But I have learned this.  “You are not here learning and studying for yourself, so stop acting like it.”  All of this work we are doing is not for ourselves, it is for the people we will teach.  It is amazing as I have been able to study and work hard, Heavenly Father has helped me grow so much!  I have learned that the gospel is so simple!  Heavenly Father wants us all to return to Him so badly that he has laid it out so plainly:  faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end.  That is it!  That is all we learn in the MTC!  We learn how to teach and bring souls to Christ!  This opportunity has been amazing!  I cannot wait to continue to offer salvation and blessings to more of my brother’s and sister’s!  Ah!  I have so much to say, but I will e-mail you Thursday!  I love you all very much!  Jesus Christ is our only way back!  There is hope in the Atonement!  Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers!

I LOVE YOU!

Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment